Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksturkey!

In the children's sermon on Sunday, the pastor asked the kids what they were going to do on Thanksgiving, and of course some of them said, "Eat Turkey!"  An adorable little girl shouted, they should call it "Thanksturkey!"  

Our thankful turkey is complete for the year!  I am very happy with the way it turned out, and I can't wait until my son is old enough to join in this new tradition with us.

I did have to stick one feather in our turkey butt because I thought it was a little inappropriate!

Boo Duke!!

Go Tarheels!!

Please no mean comments if you aren't a UNC fan!! Come on, it's Thanksgiving!! :)

I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving! I am so thankful for each one of my faithful readers/friends! :)

Photobucket

7 comments:

Sweet Southern Prep said...

Haha. Good for you! It deserves to be there!

And what a great idea. I've never heard of a Thanksgiving Turkey, but I think we need to do one next year! So neat! Have fun today, we'll miss y'all! :( Give W a big squeeze and kiss from his favorite aunt!!

Cool Gal said...

Bwahahaha...love the feather in the butt. So "sassy."

I love how your turkey grew a lot of feathers. That is so awesome. When you really take the time to reflect, we do have so many reasons to give thanks.

I hope you have a great day filled will family and/or friends. Eat up!

Gobble, gobble!

Anastasia Schembri said...

How cute is that turkey, I love it!!
Hope you and your family have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Kelly said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!! I hope you and your family had a great day!

erica said...

Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving! The turkey looks like he turned out fabulously!

xo

Sandra said...

So cute! Such a great idea too..and it can be kept around the house...maybe on the table as a centerpiece to remind us all year round.

Llama said...

What an AMAZING idea! I may just have to do this next year with my kindergartners!!!