Friday, November 12, 2010

5 Question Friday!

Little Man and I are spending some time housesitting for a family we know out of town.  There house is amazing, so it's almost like a little vacation...and we get to visit family and friends while we're here!  Just wish the mister was with us, but we can't have everything we want! :)

I'm joining 5QF today.  I haven't answered or linked up in awhile, but if you would like to join, link up here!


1. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?

This question is a little too easy for me.  On the morning of September 19, 2009, after being in labor with the help of pitocin and an epidural for over 12 hours, the nurses started telling me to push!  Yeah, my epidural ran out and I somehow pushed out a 9 pound, 8 ounce beautiful, massive, little boy!  I'm sure the entire hospital heard my screams of excruciating pain...but, what can I say?  It hurt!

At least the pain gave me the best thing I have ever experienced in life!!
(This is from W's real birthday! Look at his massive hands!)


2. How much sleep do you get at night?

I try my hardest and am usually successful at getting a good 8 hours!


3. How long did you believe in Santa Claus? How did you find out that he does not exist?

What?? He's not real?!


I feel like ever since my "common sense" set in, I knew Santa wasn't real.  I didn't come out and say it or tell anyone, but I just knew that something like that wasn't possible.  It was probably around first grade.

When I was in 3rd or 4th grade, I was out shopping with my mom and we had been to a bookstore.  She had to run into another store real quick and left me in the car. (I know, what was she thinking?!) Being a bibliophile since birth, I opened the bag from the bookstore and pulled out a book.  It was called, "The Truth About Santa Claus."  I started reading, and my mom returned to the car.  She looked at me, almost took the book away, and then said, "Do you know?!"  I remember looking at her like, "Mama, I'm not stupid!"  


4. What was the last movie you saw in a theater?

Wow, I really have to think on that one.


I think it was Shrek 4 in 3D.  I love the Shrek movies, and my mister and I went to see Shrek 2 on our first "real" date, so I had to see the 3D one in the theater.  I was a little disappointed, but we usually rent from the redbox or dollar vending machines instead of spending money at the movie theater!


5. What do you wear to bed?

It depends on my mood.  
Either long pajama bottoms and a t-shirt, or a cotton, sleeveless, short nightgown.



Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Cool Gal said...

The whole labor things gives me chills. That was one big baby you pushed out. So worth it, though.

Santa? I still tell my 13 year old, if you don't believe he won't come. I love the spirit of Christmas. All of it!

I hope you have a great weekend!

erica said...

Oh my gosh the labor thing seriously made me feel sick. You poor thing that is so awful. I don`t want a kid because I seriously would probably die from the pain.

xo

Shannon said...

I agree with you (and actiaully have the same answer)...Santa is real! He's a part of the magic of Christmas, like Cool Gal said!

Fun reading your answers! Your labor story is incredible! Makes me thankful for my c-sect! ;) Have a good weekend!

teacher girl said...

LOVE the first picture. I weighed the same as him when I was born. I didn't realize how much pain my poor mom was probably in, although she had a c-section. You are a fantastic mom...I Loved your, "He's not real!?" sentence followed by the wonderful comments from other blog friends. I LOVE feeling the spirit of Santa during the magical season. Have a wonderful weekend!

Shelby said...

Oh my goodnes, having an epidural run out definitely would make my list of top ten concerns about my future.

That sounds absolutely terrible, not only from a physical perspective, but mentally that had to be killer!

Llama said...

I know that babies make labor worth it in the end...but i am so super scared. When the day comes please help to convince me I will be able to do it. Im scared even thinking about it!
p.s i have to see Shrek i love them!!