Monday, May 31, 2010

Monday Message: It's Not Just a List

"I thank my God everytime I remember you."  Philippians 1:3

Taken in Portland, Oregon, May 2008

Whenever Paul wrote a letter, he always had a list of names of the people he wanted to acknowledge or remember from that specific place, whether it was the church at Corinth or Rome... These Bible passages, such as the one my preacher read yesterday, Romans 16:1-16, easily get skipped over in Bible lessons and reading.  But they are not just a list.  Paul was recognizing people he shared a special connection with in his faith family.  

My grandfather Pop (passed away August 2008)

We were instructed to write down the Bible verse from Philippians and then make a list of people that we thought about when we read that verse.  If those people are still alive, we were encouraged to let them know that we thank God when we remember them and tell them why.  It is so meaningful to let your loved ones and family members in Christ know what a difference they have made in your life.  

Mrs. Bea (took care of me and my sisters); passed away May 2009

I challenge you to do the same!  Write a letter, make a phone call, or send an email to those who you truly thank God for them when you think about them.  Write down your list and keep it close.  Add to it as needed and make sure they always know how special they are in your life!

Portland, Oregon, May 2008

Have a great Memorial Day!

Portland, Oregon, May 2008

2 comments:

Sweet Southern Prep said...

Great post! And wonderful images of Pop and Ms. Bea! Where's a photo of Mimi, girlie??

Just a heads up, I'm giving you an award tomorrow. :)

erica said...

What a beautiful post!

xo