Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday Message: Call Home Once a Week

Instead of going to church yesterday, I went to my sister (#5) Amy's graduation from UNC-Chapel Hill.  She is the 4th sister to graduate from UNC!  #3 sister graduated from NC State and #6 sister will be graduating from USC (South Carolina). 



It was a very nostalgic trip for me because I had not been back to Chapel Hill in a couple of years.  I really enjoyed the trip...visiting with family, eating great food, and watching my sister graduate after an awesome four years at Carolina.  She really did her best to get the most out of college and I admire her for all of her accomplishments!


The message I will post today comes from John Grisham's speech at the graduation ceremony. He gave two pieces of advice to the graduating class.  First, he told them to call home at least once a week for the rest of their lives.  You can email, facebook, and text, but your parents need to hear your voice at least once a week, and you need to hear theirs.  Secondly, he said to read one book a month.  He said he knew that sounded self-serving, but reading one book a month can really do some good.




I hope that you have a wonderful week!  

2 comments:

Sweet Southern Prep said...

Missed y'all! Wish I could have been there. :(

erica said...

Beautiful pictures! And congratulations to your sister!

xo