Baby W had his 9 month check up yesterday... yes, two 1/2 weeks late!
Weight: 21 pounds, 6 ounces
Height: 29 1/4 inches long
He is in the 50-75th percentile for weight and height.
Head: 19 inches around!!
His head is in the 98th percentile. Yes, I'm just going to go ahead and say that my big-headed baby will be very smart...right? :)
One of my concerns at the appointment was this rash Baby W always seems to have around his mouth. I know it's from drooling, and I try to keep him wiped off, but the rash won't go away. The pediatrician suggested Aquaphor...any other suggestions?
I am so thankful to have a happy, healthy baby!
At the mall trying to keep out of this heat!
Driving the car
He has started doing some new things lately:
- He loves to clap! He started doing this in the church nursery last week.
- He has started waving at people and cars going by. He waves with a close-handed fist.
- I put him laying down in his crib a couple of days ago, and a few minutes later heard the mobile music. I went in to find him standing on the side of the crib with two of the animals pulled off of the mobile!
- He has also begun standing up in the pack-n-play (which is a little bit tougher!)
- He is trying to pull up on everything, yet still not crawling!
- He babbles dadada, bababa, and we've heard a few wawawa's. He used to say mamama, but haven't heard it in awhile :(
- He still will go to almost anyone he sees, and he likes to stare really close to your face. If you talk to him, he might grab your lips!
- He has been eating carrots lately, and we are moving on to squash today.
- He has been sleeping great, but may have a few night terrors occasionally. He normally falls asleep around 7 or 7:30 and sleeps until 5:30 or 6:30 for a bottle. He then goes back to sleep until 8 or 8:30.
- He loves to growl at people (especially my side of the family) and still squeals a lot as well.
On another note, I have actually enjoyed cleaning over the past few days! When I get to a room and get it done, it feels great. I just need to get to a quicker pace and doing it on a more regular basis. My husband's parents, sister-in-law, her husband, and their 7 month old son are coming to stay with us tomorrow night for a barbecue cook-off that my husband's dad is entering. He won first place last year in the Hash competition (if you don't know what hash is, I will inform you in another post!) We are hoping for another trophy this year! Needless to say, I want the house to be extremely clean for them, so I will be cleaning more today! My husband's glad I'm finally learning how to be a housewife! :)