When I decided to start a blog back in February...I had NO idea what the whole blog world was like. I figured that I would just make updates for my family and friends to read about what all was going on with me, my husband, and Baby W. Little did I know that I would start getting great advice and tips on fashion, cleaning, and everything in between...and offering advice to other new mamas from my experiences...and making new (blog) friends along the way!
It has been a wonderful experience, and I look forward to new followers and new friendships in the future!
Now, I would like to thank Cool Gal at It's the World I Know for a great award! She has a great blog and has the best comments and advice! Thanks for supporting me and being such a great friend!! If you haven't started following her, now's the time!
For this award:
1. Tell where you think you will be 10 years from now.
2. Nominate 10 other blogs for the award!
10 years from now I would love to have 4 children, live somewhere close to my family and sisters in Charlotte, have a great volunteer relationship with local non-profit organizations, and have a successful side business to help keep my family financially stable! :)
10 people who deserve this award:
And I would also like to thank Jess at jessielynnsmith for the Versatile Blogger award! She has an interesting blog about her life and all that goes on in it!
For this award, you must:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award
2. Tell seven things about yourself
3. Nominate 15 others who deserve the award
4. Let the recipients know they got the award
Seven things about me:
1. I love to sing! I sing in the shower, around the house, in the car, and whenever I hear a song I know. I have sung in a few weddings of family and friends :)
Singing Karaoke to my husband on our honeymoon in St. Lucia!
2. My favorite food is fried okra! I will eat almost any kind, but my favorite is when my Grandmother Effie used to make it! Fresh and crispy!
3. I would love to have a huge family with six kids if I could (like the one I grew up in)... but I think I will be very lucky if I can convince my husband to go for four. We are only on number one, and I'm trying to talk him into number two right now!
My crazy sisters and me a few years ago :)
4. I am a very open person. I don't really hide anything about myself. My husband thinks that I share too many things with too many people, but just know that I will answer any question you have, and share anything about my life with you. I think of it as a good thing, but I know sometimes I should really keep my mouth shut!
5. My dream job would be a missionary! After my kid(s) are grown, I would love to work locally or even as a foreign missionary. I don't like to impose my religion on anyone, but I would love to do mission work and lead by example!
6. I LOVE history. I am obsessed with history. I am most interested in slavery times. I love visiting slave plantations and always want to stop when I see a historical marker on the side of the road. I majored in history at UNC and taught it for 4 years! (I taught English for a year as well, and I'm kind of a grammar freak...but you'd probably be able to catch me in a few errors on my blog!)
7. I also love to read! I haven't really read much in the past few months because I have been extremely busy, but I read 5 books in December and January before I went back to work. I love my Kindle and would definitely recommend getting one if you like reading! The last great book I read was "The Help." It's historical fiction...my favorite type to read!
I don't follow enough blogs to hand out 15 more awards to those who haven't received this one yet! So, I will pass this one on in the future!
Please check out my new post in the morning for my new adventure! :)