Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Home Tour Tuesday: All Wrapped Up!

Link up with Shannon and Daphne!

 I'm not a huge fan of wrapping!  I do like for the presents to look neat though, and if the present resembles a box shape in any form, I will use wrapping paper.  Any other oddly shaped gifts will instantly be bagged!  


My favorite gifts to receive are the sentimental ones that you don't really expect...and while I can't think of any of those right now, I am going to go with our Wii!! My parents gave us a Wii a few years ago, and it has definitely had lots of use!! We go through phases where we will play it every single day for a couple of months, and then not use it at all for awhile...but we have definitely gotten our my parents' money's worth out of it!! Our favorite games are Wii Sports, Wii Resort, and Tiger Woods Golf...well, the Golf is the mister's fave, and it's funny to hear him talk.  "Oh, I'm playing in a tournament tonight and I've already made $5.2 million this year!"  If only it were real money....

My favorite gifts to give are the one's to needy people in our community.  The past few years we have taken lots of food and clothes to a family with 5 kids.  One was a student of mine.  He was definitely one of the best students I have ever had, and he truly appreciates the gifts.  I know that he wishes that he didn't have to receive them in this way, but he will probably grow up to be a billionaire due to his intelligence and perseverance!  Since I'm not teaching this year, no one has contacted me about giving to his family, but we will probably make an after-Christmas run once the Christmas food stash has dwindled!

Here's a pic of Little Man who just loves to hold all of his stuffed animals at once!

Happy Tuesday! I seriously can't believe Christmas is in four days! Oh my goodness!
Photobucket

4 comments:

The Regal Pup said...

I'm with you on the wrapping - sometimes a gift bag is just that much easier!

teacher girl said...

LOVE this post! I also love giving unexpected, special, sentimental gifts as well. :o) It must be an April 30th person thing... I know I don't really know you, but I think you are just fabulous & can tell you are such a generous and kind person & teacher. Yay for you & all the lucky people who are helped by your kindness & generosity!!! Here's to a fantastic 2011 for your wonderful family & hopefully a real 5.2 million dollars coming your way!!! Have a great Christmas!

Shannon said...

Oh the bag...love love gift bags! They certainly do save a bunch of time! W is hilarious with those stuffed animals!

Yay for your win on the Friedasophie giveaway on my blog!

It's your lucky week!

Thanks for linking up!

nomo wino daph said...

Ok, seriously....How did I miss the last 2 people that linked up? I apologize!! Bad host...bad host...thankfully Shannon got to you:)

I am all about bags girls. ALL ABOUT BAGS.

And you need to run & buy a lotto ticket....your on a roll sista!