Saturday, March 19, 2011

It's Been Awhile!

Hello blog friends (and family)!  So I was supposed to be back Easter Sunday from my blogging hiatus, but I have found that blogging did not make it back near the top of my priority list!  I have enjoyed spending lots of time with my family, and my usual blogging time has been filled with sleep...whether it's going to bed earlier or taking naps while Little Man is sleeping!

I hope to make a more regular appearance and get back in to reading more blogs again!!

I've missed documenting Little Man's life and all the pictures I have taken...so I will just post a few of our moments from the past few months, along with Little Man's 18 month update...I do have pictures from 19 months, but no written update.  He will be 20 months this Thursday, so I will be letting you know many of the new things he has been up to!

18 month update

Little Man loves to wave at us while he’s eating, and then put his hand on his heart, and he expects us to copy him.  Sometimes he wants us to wave our hands in the same pattern as he is doing.

He loves to see our bellies and bellybuttons and touch them and laugh really hard!

He loves to fill in the blanks of our songs:
You are my sunshine. My only sunshine.
You make me happy when skies are gray.
You’ll never know dear, how much I love you.
Please don’t take my sunshine a-way!

Rockaby baby on the tree-top!
When the wind blows, the cradle will rock.

Oh how he loves you and ME!

Jesus loves ME!

He loves to act like he doesn’t want us to get him out of the crib when he wakes up in the morning or after nap time. 

He loves stuffed animals, and he loves to snuggle with them.  When in Cracker Barrel (after 18 months), he picked up a dog that’s dressed as a bunny and when you press his foot he sings a “Hop” song and his ears and paws move.  He was attached immediately.  Our pastor (who had invited us to lunch) bought the dog as a surprise on the way out.   So sweet!  He was also drinking some water today (4/1) and went over to the dog and acted like he was pouring some water in his mouth!
            Also in Cracker Barrel, our waitress asked if she could scoot him over to the table behind us because there was an older couple admiring him.  He almost didn’t want to come back to our table after that!

He loves to play outside especially pushing his fire truck (he’ll get in occasionally, but mainly just pushes it.) He also likes to walk up and down the driveway.  He doesn’t like to walk in the grass when it gets too tall

He loves to point at big trucks and say “truck!”

He is still so friendly and says “hey” to everyone he sees.  If we let him walk around in restaurants, he goes up to everyone and says “hey” and sometimes even pats them on the leg.  Quite a few times, the “strangers” pick him up and talk to him.

He loves to eat bologna.  The only meats he eats right now are bologna and chicken nuggets.  The only veggies he eats are peas and corn.  He pretty much eats any fruit, but his favorites are bananas and grapes.

He loves to give hugs to other kids.  He still likes to pull hair, but he’s learning not to!

He loves to walk by the toilet, and shake his finger saying “No! No! No!”

Vocabulary he knows on his own:  tractor, ball, doggy, Hey, bye-bye, please, up, lo-ney (bologna), I love you, truck, uh-oh, Oh no!, shoes, socks, bath,
He likes to hear his echo in the garage and any place he thinks it’s going to happen.

He has little girlfriends at church.  Harper is his age, and he loves to say “Ha-pa”  Lydia is about 7, and she loves to play games with him and pull him around in the wagon.  Aubrie is his friend from Bible study that comes over for playdates!

He knows how to say  “GiGi, Bippie, Papa, Grandad, Ashee, CoCo, KiKi, Amy, Chaser, Lindsay, Joel, Seth, Wheeler, Effie, Ray-Ray, Mony (Tony), Cliff (Cliff Fagan), and other names”

He loves to walk by himself.  At the gym, he walks when I get him out of child care, and he says hey to every person that passes by.  He likes to get a sticker when he leaves, and he tries to put it on before taking off the back.

He is much better about letting me take him to his classroom, Sunday School, or the gym child care without getting too fussy.  Sometimes he will even say “bye-bye” when I leave the room.

He still loves to dance and clap.  He likes to watch the Andy Griffith show (well…the opening and closing credits).

18 month pictures (March 19, 2011)





Hope everyone is well!! I am back to reading and I hope you'll pick back up on mine too! :)
Photobucket

2 comments:

Kerri Dunsworth said...

It's great to see you back! I cannot believe your little guy is almost 2! He's SOOOOOO sweet! Noah will be 1 next month. Where does the time go?!

Sweet Carolina Girl said...

Glad to see you back! You're little man is growing up so fast, he's so precious! I love how he finishes the songs!