I have joined Jessica at Kitchen Belleicious for Recipe Challenge 2011!
Everyone participating makes one new recipe each month of the year.
Finding something new to cook isn't the hard part for me...just actually cooking is :)
My new recipe for February is a Roasted Vegetable Sandwich! I had one in a restaurant last year and loved it, and didn't think it would be too hard to do on my own...so I gave it a shot.
I looked through some recipes online, and then just picked and chose what I liked and used it!
1) First, I thinly sliced one zucchini, yellow squash, and a red pepper.
I left out what I wanted to use for my sandwich (the mister wouldn't eat this...so it's just for me!)
I put the rest up for another sandwich or recipe later this week...
2) I put the vegetables in a bowl and mixed them with a little bit of olive oil and roasted garlic.
3) Then I put them on a pan and put them in the oven for about 20-25 minutes on 450.
4) Meanwhile, I sliced ciabatta bread and toasted it in the toaster oven.
5) I put a light mayo and mustard mixture on the bread, put the veggies on, and then added havarti cheese.
6) I almost forgot to add spinach...but that was a much needed last ingredient!
7) This sandwich was delicious!! I will definitely be making one again soon!
Also linking up with Daphne today!
Happy Wednesday Y'all!